EFFICIENT AND EFFECTIVE
Featuring our Wide Range Thermal Head (WRTH), Exatron’s proven direct contact conduction thermal test method, the PET-6 is more powerful than electronic peltier systems and more selective than forced air options, with none of the associated frost or ESD issues. The spring-loaded WRTH clips on quickly, maintains constant thermal contact, and heats or cools only the DUT and test socket, leaving surrounding components at room temperature.
Guaranteeing zero frost during test, Exatron’s complete socket purge protection features top and bottom socket gaskets and internal and external purge air jets, which can be controlled as needed via the touch screen interface.
- Direct DUT contact, thermal conduction heating and cooling.
- -80°C (minimum) to +175°C work range with +/- 0.1°C control.
- Zero frost operation. Built-in purge air and socket thermal shielding
- Cooling power: 60W at -55°C.
- No thermoelectric modules (Petiers)
- No forced air. No ESD concerns.
- No liquids required.
- No 3 phase power.
- No bench space required. Mounts on floor under most benches.
- No mechanical vibrations.
- No tools required. Thermal head snaps on/off nearly any test socket with ease.
- 3.5” X 3.5” thermal head footprint.
- Blazing fast soak times and universal pusher tooling when paired with Exatron Copperhead® Thermal Test Sockets. (Contact Exatron for details.)
- Windows 10 touchscreen laptop interface allows controlled temperature ramps and data log storage.
- Easy to use diagnostic features.
- Direct Ethernet/USB/RS-232 control from customer test electronics.
- Optional test handler emulator allows real time internal DUT temp feedback. TTL/RS-232/GPIB/Ethernet
- Can be integrated into Exatron pick and place handlers at a later date.