The PET-5 mounts directly to nearly any test head or DUT board and features Exatron’s direct contact Wide Range Thermal Head (WRTH), allowing a full working temperature range of -55°C to +155°C (-75°C to +175°C hardware capability).
There are two base models:
(See below for shared features.)
PET-5 M – Manual Work Station:
- Manual buttons toggle WRTH left/right and up/down motion.
- Manually adjusted air pressure control.
- No computer or software required.
PET-5 C – Computerized Work Station:
- WRTH raises/lowers automatically over test socket with the push of a button.
- Added cylinder moves WRTH side to side.
- Dual start switches, requires two hands to start test.
- Requires PC or laptop with 2 unused USB2 ports. (Sold separately)
- Robust automation software:
- Set and monitor temperature.
- Control soak timer.
- Start test switch and pass/fail indicator.
- Control test socket pressure. (Requires regulator, sold separately.)
- Test and temperature data log standard.
- Intuitive diagnostic and service screens.
Shared PET-5 Features:
- Wide Range Thermal Head (WRTH).
- -55°C to +155°C minimum working temperature range. (-75°C to +175°C hardware capability)
- +/-0.5 degree temperature control.
- No fluids required. (See WRTH data sheet for details.)
- Built-in purge cover for thermal head and test socket.
- Allows placement/removal of devices without thermal head having to heat/cool to room temperature.
- Greatly reduces dead time between tests.
- Purge requires dry, clean air. (Air dryer sold separately.)
- Includes on set of thermal head tooling, designed to match a specific device and test socket.
- Attached chiller sits on floor behind or on the side.
- 6 ft (2 m) hose runs from chiller to PET-5.
- Benchtop model available. (See PET-4.)
- Meets or exceeds all known ESD specifications.
- Built-in ESD wrist strap attach points.
- Built-in quick-disconnect air fitting for optional vacuum wand.
- Designed, manufactured, and built in San Jose, CA.
|Size||PET-5: 16" (41cm) W, 12" (30cm) D, 19" (48cm) H Chiller: 15" (38cm) W, 16.5" (42cm) D, 18" (46cm) H|
|Power||120 or 240 VAC, single phase (PET-5 and chiller)|